Monday, August 12, 2013

2013 Falmouth Road Race: Thousands of Runners videos at Heights Hill

Here are the full videos I got of the many thousands of finishers at the 2013 Falmouth road race taken at the bottom of Heights Hill minutes before the finish line. I only have a Flip Cam to record with and it ran out of space so runners at the back part of the race are not recorded. Also ignore my chatter about the race.

Part one is the first 20 minutes of runners starting with the lead women (the elite females had a 10 minute head start).



Parts two and three are the next 40 minutes of runners. Here is where you find the "wearing a tutu" championship, lobsterman, mullet men, a wedding party, and other assorted runners. You can also find 1972 Olympic Gold medalist in the marathon and former Falmouth winner Frank Shorter, and former marathon world record holder Steve Jones. It is always a thrill to see the former greats of the sport still enjoying a race.





I wasn't looking through the screen, so sometimes I was getting more feet than anything else. And thanks to the friendly lady I spent much of the race chatting with.

No comments: