Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The A to Z of Recovery

I am just starting a list of the top of my head of many of the things I have tried to attempt to achieve greater balance, stride, and effeciency as I run and move about in my daily life. Can I find something for each letter?

AIS (Active Isolated Stretching)
Aline foot devices
ART (Active Release Technique)
Bosu
Brain Training
Chiropractic
D
E-3 Hand Grips
Egoscue
Foam Rollers
Gravity Inversion
Hamstretch
I
Julstro
Kettlebells
Kickbikes
L
Massage
Minimalism
N
O
Proprioceptive Drills
POSE Method of Running
Posture Control Insoles
Quiting
Rolfing
Rossiter "Step out of Pain"
Snowshoes
The Stick
T-Roller
TPMassage Balls
U
Val Slide
W
X
Y
Z-Health

I did another 13 mile treadmill run yesterday. I practiced the Z-Health routine before the run and felt OK although not perfect. The hips and foot placement are much better than one month ago but definately it is still a work in progress. The hips were jamming up a bit. I woke up, not with stiff muscles, but with with tightness in my hip area. I didn't do any Z-Health until after school which calmed things down greatly. I can't figure out which exercise helps the most, so it must be a combination. It was a busy day so I took a day off! I need to get outside and run on some uneven ground and do some corners!

No comments: